Happy Birthday, my sweet sister.
Top pic: my best woman on my wedding day--standing proudly beside me with fabulous lipstick and a flower in her hair as I commited my life to Chris!Bottom pic: A very typical situation: Helping Grace get her nails done! Really, helping her kids do everything. She is a selfless servant to her husband and kids.
On August 6, 1980 my life changed forever. A cute, tiny (premature) little brunette stole my blonde ambition tour show. All 18 months of me couldn't handle all of the jealousy in my heart. That jealousy turned into a whole lot of love. We spent the next 20 years sharing everything...there was only a few months of that 20 years that we weren't in the same bedroom. We were in separate bedrooms of the same apartment with other girls and that clearly was the wrong arrangement, so we moved back in the same bedroom. It took me 4 years of intense therapy after she married Dan. I love Dan, but he took my sweet Boogie into his bed and home!
Brooke is always the sweet to my spice! Always there to calm me down after I dramatically fly off the handle (many times in her defense). I was 17, she 16 and she was coming to pick me up at school. I won't even repeat what I told the woman who ran into my sister with her car on Business 54 in Fulton and was making false accusations about the accident to the police officer. Let me just say the police officer told Brooke that "her friend" needed to leave the scene or he would arrest me.
Things I love about Boogie:
1. She kicks ASS! As a mom, teacher, wife... her home is gorgeous, her cooking/baking is delish, and she does it all with impeccable make-up and style.
2. She would give her marrow for the people she loves. --This saying comes from a funny moment in which we were squabbling about the kids and in reference to Elyse she said, "Jess, I would give that child my marrow!!"
3. She has always had a gentle peace-making heart.
4. She loves a good piece of fashion! Even in first grade when Mrs. Dawson said nobody could go to the bathroom and she accidentally peed her pants. Nanny (our grandmother) brought new pants for her to put on and she remembers not wanting to wear it because it wasn't good fashion sense.
5. Her eye-lashes are 12 inches long...and as my little brother Joe says, "Who wasn't in love with Brooke?" (referring to the high school years!)
She is my brooke-the-crook, boogie, booganator, boo-berry, brookie-baby, my sweet little sister. I love you, Brooke. Happy Birthday.
4 comments:
That is THE sweetest post, Jess. Y'all have a beautiful relationship.
Happy Birthday Brookie.
That is so sweet! I wish I had a sister :) How precious that both of you have girls now too, and each of them have a sister! Precious! Happy B-day Brooke!
PS Jess, I am trying to convince Jon of Portland 2010. Maybe I will see you there :)
I can't believe Whitney is so big! She's so cute! And Elyse too!
you little rats! I was the best roommate EVER!
Post a Comment